Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Brandon Green

On Sunday afternoon my Sister called me and told me that my cousin Brandon overdosed on heroin and passed away that morning. His friends found him in a hotel in Lehi and called my Uncle and Aunt when they got there they would not let them go into the hotel to be with him because it was a crime scene. They released the body yesterday and the funeral is on Friday, Halloween of all days?? I have not had anyone close to me pass away except my Grandpa and My Grandma on my Dads side and those have both been a couple of years ago. I am already a mess because of what my Grandma is going through and I know she does not have alot of time left, and this was such a shock to all of us. I hate death and I know its a part of life but it is so hard. You do not know what you have until its gone, and you never know that when you talk to someone it could be the last time. I love you Brandon and I hope you are where you need to be.

5 comments:

Holly said...

I am so sorry for your loss! How sad for your family to have to go through this. I am thinking of you!

TerryMaryHarmon said...

Ashley, so sorry for your loss, sorry that he had ovedose, I am praying for your family. I hope you find strength! Love Mom Harmon

Jeff and Lacy said...

Let me know if you need anything Ash, love you!

Tara Green said...

oh my gosh. you are related to jeremy then. brandon was his cousin too. we weren't able to go to the viewing or the funeral, but jeremy's mom and uncle went to it. brandon's grandpa is jeremy's dad's brother.

tahnredman said...

Ashley,
I know you are sad and I am so sorry. I miss him every single minute. I have so many memories of you guys as children and adults.
I beleive he is in Heaven and although I am so sad to see Grandma leave us another part of me is happy that she can be there with my baby and love him for all of us. I know they say time heals but I am not sure if my heart will ever feel the same, a piece of it was ripped out that day. This has been so hard on all of us but we are a strong family and will get through this together.
I love you sooooooo much and hope to see you soon.
Aunt Tahnee