Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Love you Grandma

Last night at 11:36 my grandma passed away after a very hard and long struggle with cancer. She was so strong and she fought as long as she could. We were all with her when she returned home. She was the most amazing person you have ever met and she will really be missed, I found this poem and it reminded me of something she would say.

I`m Free

Don't grieve for me, for now I`m free
I`m following the path God has laid you see.
I took his hand when I heard him call
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work, to play
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found peace at the close of day.

If my parting had left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
Oh yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life`s been full, I have savored much
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all to brief
Don`t lengthen it with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and peace to thee
God wanted me now, He has set me free.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Ashley, I am so sorry about your Grandma! Our thought and prayers are with you. Much love, Holly

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your loss.

Tara Green said...

I'm sorry to hear. :( I'm glad that you got to be so close to her and know that you loved her a lot and spent time with her. lots o love. tara